Monday, February 21, 2011

kara's vintage collection: watches


a word  from my sister:
my mom & sister always get tickled when they come visit me because I don’t have a single clock in my entire house. kind of ironic, seeing that I own a collection of watches, 95% of which do not even tell accurate time. 

I remember seeing an interview on tv with a model at her flat in new york, and noticing her numerous watches and bangles dangling from her wrist. not too sure why that got me excited, but since then I started picking up cool watches at estate sales, spending no more than $3 - $4, since they usually needed a new battery or just simply had no more to give.  as annoying as it can be to my friends and co-workers, I refuse to wear just one watch—I like to mix it up, adding a large-faced gold menswear watch with a my thin leather-banded coin head watch, paired with my 80’s chunky gold & black watch. the combinations are endless and it excites me every morning to choose the perfect wrist accessory for the day.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely collection!! adorable ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing collection! Kara, you have some divine stuff, and I love how you take time to curate it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails